Next course: 13 June 2017 Glasgow
What will the course help you to do?
- Costing events and one off hospitality activities
- Using standard costs for forecasting
- Setting selling prices and producing quotations
- Use Revenue Management techniques for food and beverage operations
- Use menu engineering techniques to manage product profitability
- Calculating the breakeven point and planning for profit
- Use and interpret key performance indicators
- Post event monitoring and variance analysis
The sessions will be delivered by Debra Adams from arena4finance supported by Jan Kennedy from APSE.
The course has been written by Debra Adams, author of the highly acclaimed textbook 'Management Accounting for the Hospitality Industry', and is delivered over the course of one day for local authorities across the UK.
Debra Adams is the Head Trainer for arena4finance and has been delivering courses for APSE for the past three years. She has a background in Catering Management and is a qualified accountant. Debra has been delivering courses in food cost control and related topics for over 25 years.
This course is ideal for those who are looking to develop or refresh their financial skills including:
Food service managers and supervisors, Budget holders, Supervisors in catering with responsibility for making a surplus
What the delegates say:
“Lovely trainer - Debra Adams gave time for candidates to talk and discuss different working practices, which will help when putting information learnt into practice"